- 210 x 297 mm (8 x 12 inches)
- © 2014
- Graphite on Watercolor Paper
- Framed to 335 x 430 mm (13 x 17 inches)
- Modern Eden Gallery is pleased to present Le Chat Noir, an invitational group exhibition inspired by La Belle Époque. In particular, imagery inspired by Steinlen’s iconic Le Chat Noir poster art. The month of October also presents a unique opportunity for our participating artists to explore the historic influence of the black cat in this, a distinctly Parisian way.
"Creating artwork helps me make sense of the world, and to me drawing is most intuitive and pure as a form of expression. I love that feeling of making the first mark on fresh white paper, and how even the simplest line drawing can connect individual minds, and translate so much emotion. It is my utmost wish to remind people of the beautiful, intricate sensations in life; to seek and find the hidden details usually missed. Because these little moments of connection are truly precious.
I have a swallow tattooed on my right shoulder, and I guess I’m a bit like them, constantly flitting around, discovering new things about art, food, nature. I’m super fond of dappled morning light, clouds, the smell of freshly ground coffee, soft peony petals and avocado anything." ~Lucy Yu
- This piece will be on exhibit through November 1, 2014 and will be shipped within a week of the exhibition closing date. Shipping costs will be invoiced separately at the time of shipment for this piece. For a detailed shipping price quote, please contact the gallery . If you would like to arrange a gallery pickup, just add a note when checking out and we will contact you to schedule a time.
Payment plans are available. If interested, please email our Gallery Director, Kim Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org for our policies and procedures.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us anytime via email (email@example.com) or by phone (415) 956-3303 during regular business hours. Thank you!